Selenium 3 – Java Training
Selenium WebDriver – 3 is a leading web testing tool in the QA industry. It is one of the most sought after skill. Selenium Webdriver jobs are on a rise and are highly paid and highly valued. Industry is shifting towards automation rapidly. With more and more applications becoming accessible through browser it becomes very important to learn Selenium WebDriver.
This course is designed to teach in depth concepts of Selenium WebDriver 3 and Java. We focus on the basics first and then move towards the advance concepts of Selenium, Java and framework development.
Live examples and Live project helps us to simulate real time problems for our students. We have custom websites and webpages (shop.demoqa.com and demoqa.com) specially developed to teach key concepts required for a professional level understanding of Selenium Webdriver.
Most of our students have been able to successfully switch from Manual to Automation testing and had approximately doubled their salaries. QA managers have become more proficient in handling Automation teams. Overall this course will help you progress in your career as a Software Test Engineer.
|Next Batch Date||23rd June’18|
|Session Days||Every Sat & Sun|
|Session Duration||Session Duration|
|Timings|| IST – 9:30-11:30 PM, PST – 8:00-10:00 AM
IST – 9:30-11:30 PM, PST – 8:00-10:00 AM
|How to Enroll||Fill up the Enrolment form available at right side OR Drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your location.|
Selenium Basics – 1st Month
Selenium Training – WebDriver Basics is a 4 week program. It requires 8 classes spread out over four weeks and each class is a 2 hour class. This course will give you a solid understanding of selenium WebDriver, different modules and prepare you for writing automation tests in selenium. You will find the complete course content below.
1) Automation : A brief introduction to automation and the need for automation. How automation will enable you to beat competition and make you get the better jobs in market.
• What is Automation Testing
• Use of automation Testing
• Tools for Automation Testing
• Why automation is important for you career?
• What is Selenium
• Advantage of Selenium
• Introduction to IDE, RC WebDriver & Grid
2) Java for QA : This class will set you up for understanding Basic OOPs and java concepts. These concepts will be extremely important for you to become a good Automation tester. This section is specially designed so that can be followed by any Manual test very easily.
• Data Types and Variables
• String Class
• Arithmetic Operators & Concatenation operators
• Conditional & Decision Making
• Single Dimensional Array
• Double Dimensional Array
• Loops (For, While, Nested, Do While Loop)
• Classes and Objects
• Class Constructors
• Functions in Java
• Function Input Parameters
• Function Return Types
3) Eclipse IDE : This topic might seem little off place here but it’s very important topic to understand the tool you are using. Eclipse will the primary choice of development environment and we will discuss features of eclipse here.
• How to use Eclipse
• How to run, stop, pause
• How to debug in Eclipse
• Understanding console output
• How to put a break point
• How to add Watch variables
• How to find errors from Problem window
• Usage of step into and Step over debug functionality
4) Set up Eclipse : We will start with setting up WebDriver, so that every participant start flaunting off their newly learnt skills by writing some cool test programs:
• Download and install java
• Download and start Eclipse
• Download and configure WebDriver java client
• Set up a project
• Create packages
• Create a First Java test case
• Import WebDriver Source file
5) WebDriver Interface : This topic will make you familiar with the concept of browsers in WebDriver and how to launch basic Firefox browser using WebDriver. Here we will also talk about WebDriver & WebElement interface which will enable us to answer many complicated Interview Questions about WebDriver Implementation.
• Architecture of WebDriver
• WebDriver Interface
• WebElement Interface
• Launching Firefox browser
6) Browser & Navigation Commands : This is something which everybody do very first thing when they learn Selenium. Opening & closing of browser and some navigation function on top of it.
• How to Open a URL
• Verify Page title
• Strategy to get the Page Source
• Difference between Close & Quit
• Ways to Navigate Back & Forward
• How to Refresh Page
• Another way of Navigating to specific Page
7) WebElement Commands : An important and basic need of Selenium Automation. This part enables every participant to start writing automation test in their organizations. These are the most commonly used operations on any website.
• Difference between FindElement & FindElements
• Enter & Clear text from Input field
• How Click action works differently on different elements
• Managing Input fields, Buttons & Links
• Finding all links on the Page
• Strategy to check dead links on the page
• Extracting More than one object from a page
• Extracting Objects from a specific area of a web page
• Check if element is Present, Displayed, Enabled or Selected
8) Locators : In this class we will start learning about HTML, how elements are defined inside HTML document and what are the different attributes that are associated with an HTML element. We also try to find elements based on its attribute values.
• What are locators
• HTML Basics
• HTML language tags and attributes
• ID, Name, Xpath, CSS etc
• Difference between Absolute & Complete Xpath
• Finding your first element
• WebElement Commands
9) Element Identification : This part explains the lifesaver Add-Ons & tools for Selenium. Finding elements are the most common activity carried out in Selenium. These tools give us power to easily identify complex elements and help us in saving lot of time.
• Element Inspector in Mozilla, Chrome and IE
• Element locator tool for FF
• FireBug & FirePath Add-Ons in Mozilla
• Various HTML locator strategies
• XPath Helper Plug-in for Chrome
• Selection of Effective XPath
• Handling Dynamic objects/ids on the page
10) Tables, Checkboxes & Radio buttons : Many applications involve use of web tables and list boxes. These skills will help participant to get the expertise on complex tables structures and write effective automation test.
• Identify table rows and columns
• Extracting values from a cell
• Dynamically Identify Tables Data
• Select class in Selenium
• Drop Down Handle
• Select multiple values from the list
• Select & Deselect operations by Index, Value & Visible Text
11) Launching different browsers using WebDriver : This topic will make you familiar with the concept of browsers in WebDriver and how to launch different types of browsers using WebDriver. This will also covers the Challenges faced in using browser other than firefox.
• Launching IE
• Challenges with IE Browser
• IE driver server and path settings
• Launching Chrome
• Chrome server and path settings
12) Selenium Waits, Alert & Switch Windows : A little complexity will start now onwards. To use Waits effective is very important for every automation tester. Wait helps us in switching windows, handling pop-ups, operating alerts correctly.
• Implicit and Explicit waits
• How to use Expected Conditions with Waits
• PageLoadTimeout & SetScriptTimeout property
• Simple use of Thread Sleep
• Concept of Fluent Wait in Selenium
• Strategy to poll for an object
• WebDriverWait and its uses
• Different WaitUntil Conditions
• Managing Ajax based components
• Ways to handle Simple, Confirmation & Prompt Alert
• Concepts of Set Interface in Java
• Difference between Window Handle & Handles
• Switching & Closing Windows, Tabs & PopUps
• Concept of window ID
• Extracting window IDs with Selenium Object reference
13) Action Class
This gives us power on recently build Application with latest and complex object features. Hovering mouse or simulate Mouse and Keyword operations can be done by using Action Class. A necessary thing to learn in Selenium journey.
• What is Action Class & What can we do with Action Class
• Mouse Hover & Mouse Movement with Action
• Finding Coordinates of a Web Object
• Drag and Drop Action
14) Auto IT : AutoIT is third party tool which is used for Desktop automation. In Selenium world sometimes there Is a need of automating windows component in browser automation script. So automation done through AutoIT can be called with Selenium Scripts.
• What is AutoIT and its usage
• Downloading of AutoIT
• Usage of AutoIT in Selenium
• Upload, download files using AutoIt
• Handling http user authentication with AutoIT
15) Browser Profile : Different types of browser profiles and user authentication models with examples will be discussed in this class. You will need these to test secured websites and user authenticated websites.
• What is Browser Profile
• How to set up FireFox profile
• How to set up IE profile
• HTTP user authentication in Mozilla
• HTTP user authentication in IE
• Certificate handle in Mozilla
• Certificate handle in IE
Selenium Advance – 2nd Month
Selenium WebDriver Professional is for those who want to get under the skin of test automation with Selenium. We get into lots of details during these sessions and hence the course duration at times take little more time than expected. Professional course is a 8 weeks program which include 4 weeks Basics as well. It requires 16 – 18 classes and each class is a 2 hour class. In addition to the basic course we will cover Data driven, Keyword driven and Hybrid framework creation, TestNG, Log4j and many other wonderful topics which helps you in designing your own Frameworks. You will find the complete course content below.
16) Java Tutorial
In this class we dive deep into understanding Instances, classes and Inheritance which are prerequisite to Automation Framework. We will also take a look at how program control flows and how we can alter it to suit our needs.
• Local & Global Variables
• Static Variable & Function
• Modifiers – Access Modifiers
• Modifiers – Non Access Modifiers
• Overloading and Overriding Functions
• Exception and Error
• Final and Finally Keyword
• Throw and Throws
18) TestNG Framework
TestNG is a wonderful off the shelf framework that can be used directly to create your test framework. We will learn about this framework here.
• What is TestNG
• Benefits and Features of TestNG
• How to download TestNG
• Annotations in TestNg
• How to run Test Suite in TestNG
• Groups in TestNG
• Depend On in TestNG
• Test Case sequencing in TestNG
• TestNG Reporters
• TestNG Assets
• TestNG Parameters
• Multi Browser testing in TestNG
• Parallel testing in TestNG
WEEK 7 & 8
19) Automation Framework
This class will cover the concepts of Frameworks. After this the participant would got to know that which type of Framework works best for their Application and the pros & cons of the selected framework. Knowledge of frameworks is key skill to learn.
• What is Automation Framework
• Features of Automation Framework
• Benefits of using Automation Framework
• Different types of Automation Framework
• What is Data Driven Framework
• What is Modular Driven Framework
• What is Keyword Driven Framework
• What is Hybrid Framework
20) LIVE PROJECT – Selenium Hybrid Framework
In this class we will explore some major frameworks by looking at the code and understanding the key component of the framework. A demo website will be taken and framework will be built on top of that which will simulate actual project scenario.
• Introduction and Component of Frameworks
• Designing Test Data Provider (Excel)
• Designing Run Data Provider (Text/Property file)
• Setting up ANT/Maven Build Tool
• Factory Pattern Design
• Browser Factory Design
• Data Provider Factory Design
• Creating Page Objects & Object repository
• Writing Test Script and Fetching Test Data
• Designing Test Runner for Framework
• Enhancing Browser Factory
• Asserts, Test Fails & Error logging
• Reporters, TestNG Listeners and Log file Generation
• Running test with different Test Data
• Generating the HTML reports
• Emailing test reports
• Creating a BAT file for project execution
Online Selenium Training
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
This Online Selenium Training course is targeted for individuals/teams and manual testers. Who have no prior experience in Selenium, any programming language or any other test automation tool. Course will start with a brief introduction of automation and Programming concepts. Later will tread through to the point where you will be comfortable writing your own Selenium tests.
This course also include a Live Project on fully loaded E-Commerce Website where every individual develop the Framework from scratch and write tests based on given sets of requirements using TestNg, Log4J, ApachePOI, Jenkins, Maven, Json and Page Object Model. Complete list of details can be at Online Selenium Course.
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM THIS COURSE?
This course is designed for those who work as individual contributors in their team or want to clear interviews of Selenium specific jobs. At the end of this course you will be able to actively participate in Selenium based projects. Participants will be able to clear Selenium based job interviews.
ABOUT THE COURSE
- Understand Selenium Architecture and its components
- Work with Selenium RC
- Execute Different Locator Techniques e.g by link, by text, by id, by css, by xpath etc.
- Understand Selenium WebDriver/ Selenium 2.0
- Perform Cross browser testing with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera
- Use WebDriver advanced features e.g. taking screenshots, handling cookies and managing exceptions
- Validate page content using Selenium WebDriver API
- Create Data driven, Keyword driven and Hybrid test framework
- Record and importing tests with Selenium IDE
- Perform unit testing with JUnit
- Apply Test Driven Development(TDD) approach
- Code coverage report using Java Code Coverage(JaCoCo) to evaluate code execution
- Perform distributed testing using Selenium GRID
- Interact with images present on the web page with Sikuli
- Write Test cases using TestNG
- Automate windows applications with AutoIt
- Who should go for this course?